What is Domain Protect?
Your domain is the core of your business identity and forms the basis for your wider business strategy. Even with the best antivirus and anti-malware software, we live in a challenging business environment heightened by the threat of cyber attacks, online fraud and brand abuse. Protecting your organisation’s reputation, revenue and customers has never been more important.
Domain Protect is a feature that adds an extra layer of protection to your domain name registration, guarding it against unauthorized domain name transfers. Every domain name registration with Lionhost comes with the free Domain Protect feature enabled.
Prerequisites for a successful Domain Transfer
- Domains must be valid and already registered with another registrar.
- Domains have to be previously registered for at least 60 days.
- Domains need an unlocked status with the current registrar.
- The admin’s contact information must be up-to-date.
- Obtain an authorization code to initiate the transfer.